Monday, January 17, 2005

It Didn't Take Long, Folks...

The first day my tenants spent in their new home didn't go as well as I had hoped. I got a call on Monday morning that there was a gas leask. The flex hose behind the stove broke...and also the dryer doesn't heat up.

Normally I would do the flex hose myself (simple job) but I am unavailable today (darn J-O-B) so now I have to spend money. It's a holiday (MLK) today so getting someone wasn't easy. I finally got hold of an appliance service company to show up.

The total bill was:$451

I feel bad for the tenants - I hope they don't think they rented a dump (because it's not!), it's just some of the appliances are a little old. The interesting thing is that all of this stuff worked in the inspection when I bought the place, and subsequently when I checked it recently.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home